Tyler Schmitt has been working with VaynerMedia for the last five year in a non-titled role that manages the world of Gary Vaynerchuk. Tyler is in charge of keeping the GaryVee train oiled and running at top speed every. single. day. We discuss how Tyler defines doing great work in going after the life you want.
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
This week on Detail Therapy with Amy Landino, Tyler Schmitt joined the show.
(0:50) What to expect from today’s interview
(1:43) Welcome! AmyTv
(1:57) Share your details with Amy | Survey
(2:56) Podcast iTunes review shoutout
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
TYLER SCHMITT INTERVIEW
(5:10) Why do you manage Gary Vaynerchuk’s life? | Tyler, the beginning
PSU | Hospitality School | Restaurant Experience | VaynerMedia Client Services
(8:24) How has the hospitality world prepared you for this experience?
(9:48) Moving from AJ’s assistant to Gary’s assistant
I’ve never felt better about that decision.
(12:14) What do Gary’s hours look like per week?
(14:16) Gary’s Team | Scheduling
(17:36) Hospitality, Maintaining Relationships, Efficiency
(20:15) Seasons of Scheduling
(23:25) How do you make sure Gary is where he needs to be minute to minute?
(24:58) How do you handle “white space” in a schedule?
(27:25) Work-Life Balance | How Gary handles family responsibilities
How Tyler handles the balance, personally | My work is my life | Societal Norms
(32:15) What was the thing you had to deal with that made it harder to rip the Band-Aid off?
Friends & Habits
(33:33) The Power of Habit
(34:12) How do you manage your life? | What is your morning routine?
Try not to take things too seriously | Wake, phone time, work
(37:00) What is your daily commute? | Living on Wall Street
(38:09) Working late hours | Not a bad deal
(38:51) The mastermind behind the Gary machine
(39:39) Twitter’s Lit
(40:40) What does it mean to go after the life you want?
Follow Tyler on social media:
(41.48) Detail Recap
• Business is #1 over all. Gary Vee is a persona but it’s not all of his focus and work. Business and clients come first. Finding the balance between promoting and doing the work.
• Live by your calendar! When there are many things to do, think about living by your calendar and batching like-tasks. AmyTV batching video. Pay attention to the seasons of scheduling.
• Sacrificing for your dream job. Are you ready for a change up in your life in order to get a change you want? You may have to sacrifice changes in order to get there. How do you need to sacrifice where you haven’t yet in order to get ahead in the game?
GET THE 7 ESSENTIAL DETAILS FOR GOING AFTER THE LIFE YOU WANT!
I will send you a free audio training if you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to email@example.com with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO AMYTV ON YOUTUBE