This week on Detail Therapy, Amy sits down with Tim Kight! Tim is Founder and Chairman of Focus 3, a firm whose mission is to help companies around the world align the power of leadership, culture, and behavior to achieve exceptional results.
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
(0:00) Welcome to Episode 72!
(0:38) What to expect from today’s episode
(2:25) Welcome to Gatluw.com!
(3:41) Our latest winner of a signed copy of Good Morning, Good Life…
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
Amy's Chat with Tim Kight
(5:45) Why do you do what you do?
“For the vast majority of my life, I have been passionate about the pursuit of the question: How do I achieve elite performance in my life?”
(6:43) More about Tim
(8:27) What does it take to be elite?
(11:38) Behavior skills for post-career atheletes
(14:10) What is your plan for building the skills that you need for the life that you want?
(15:00) Discipline vs. Default
(16:30) Can you have good habits on default?
(18:07) The R Factor
(20:30) Choosing your response to create a different outcome
(22:05) 6 disciplines for managing your reactions
- Press pause
- Get your mind right
- Step up and take action
- Adjust and adapt
- Make a difference
- Build skill
(32:22) The BCD Rule
(37:49) The solution to BCD
(44:08) Battling cancer with The R Factor
(48:54) What does it mean to you to go after the life you want?
Follow Tim on Social Media
(49:44) Detail Recap
- E+R=O! What can you do to control the controllable? Check out this video to learn more about this real-life math equation.
- Discipline isn't a bad word. It's something you do to show up for yourself.
- When someone BCD's — love, listen, and redirect.
GET THE FREE AUDIOGRAM
I will send you my audio training with the 5 Essential Details for Going After the Life You Want once you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to email@example.com with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!
QOTD: Whats a response that you think might work but you're afraid to try?