Sarah Evans is a Public Relations Consultant, Digital Correspondent, Guinness World Record-holder, and mom of two! She runs Sarah’s Faves and uses social media to help support great causes.
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
This week on Detail Therapy with Amy Landino, Sarah Evans joins the show
(0:42) What to expect from today’s chat
(1:06) Welcome | AmyTV
(1:27) Season 1, episode 7 | Christy Lingo
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
SPRING CLEANING WITH CHRISTY LINGO
Christy Lingo with Simple Solutions Organizing brings us today’s Quick Detail.
(1:59) Closet Tips
(2:30) ClosetMate Study | Average woman has 103 pieces
(3:03) 3 ways to pare down your closet with three simple questions
If you wouldn’t purchase it again today, out it goes.
If you fidget when you put it on, out it goes.
If you have not worn it in a year, out it goes.
(6:24) Is there a gray area for pieces you’re emotionally connected to?
Setting parameters with can’t-part-pieces.
(7:12) Go through your closet on a seasonal basis. Give those pieces to someone will love and wear them.
(7:46) Lingo says: “It’s okay to let it go!”
Cocktails & Containers Podcast
INTERVIEW WITH SARAH EVANS
(9:12) Why do you correspond and represent brands?
Always loved third part credibility and working with brands that she supports and likes.
(10:12) How Sarah created her own career
Communications | Musical Theater | Broadcast Journalism | PR
(11:22) The Rise of Digital Corresponding | PR versus Social Media
(12:16) What happened to make you go out on your own?
Non-Profit Sector | Excitement in the social sphere | Support of former boss
(14:03) “No one was telling me no.”
(14:33) What would you have done if you did get push back on your decisions?
(15:19) How do the kids help you in your everyday life as an entrepreneur?
“I’ve never worked harder or more efficiently…”
How does your husband fit into the mix?
(16:22) How do you work efficiently with kids in the mix?
“Being a new mom is very isolating.”
(17:43) Structured Morning
School Drop-off | Workout | Go to work | School pickup
(18:27) Prioritizing workout time
(18:47) Sarah’s routine
5 am wakeup | kids up 6/7 | East Cost Work Time | Kid chores | Breakfast for kids | Playing | Getting kids ready | Getting out the door
(20:10) Coping with kid appearances in the middle of the night | Senior dog similarities | 2 year old midnight whispering
(24:48) Sarah’s Workout | Hot room facility | Amy’s Bikram yoga experience
Sarah’s favorite workout, boot camps
(27:32) Working from home | no naps
Change of work-scenery | Toast or Coffee bars | Toast Society
(29:33) School Pickups | Homework time | Dinner | Walk | Park Play Time
(30:11) Intermittent fasting? Eating before or after a workout.
(31:06) How do you energize? Coffee, no. Chocolate, yes!
Cutting back on chocolate, doctor’s orders. Favorite chocolate | Twix
(33:21) Sarah’s awesome glasses | Twitter | Insecurity to brand
(34:51) How do you decide to go into a line of work where your face is at the front of everything?
(35:47) Who has inspired you?
Sarah’s mom | Her biggest cheerleader
Reese Witherspoon | Adobe Summit
(38:30) Sarah does what she says she’s going to do. Always.
(39:10) Are you a reader? 5 Favorite Books
Atlas Shrugged | All Quiet on the Western Front | Where the Red Fern Grows | Peter Pan | Dracula
(40:41) What does it mean to you to go after the life that you want?
Follow Sarah Evans on social media:
(41:20) Detail Recap:
- Just because you’re on camera doesn’t mean you’ve got it all figured out. There are certain aesthetics behind being on camera and representing your brand (and potentially someone else’s). You do things to make yourself feel better and more confident. It’s not what everyone else thinks, it’s how you feel.
- Days aren’t perfect but boundaries are very helpful. What boundaries can you set in place? The systems and boundaries put in place make life more productive and allow for spontaneity.
- Lean in to the people who support you and listen to the people who say you’re good at something. You may have to big your own cheerleader. Push ahead and if you have someone in your corner, listen. Don’t self-doubt yourself out of doing something amazing.
GET THE 7 ESSENTIAL DETAILS FOR GOING AFTER THE LIFE YOU WANT!
I will send you a free audio training if you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO AMYTV ON YOUTUBE