Nick Symmonds is a two time Olympian, CEO of Run Gum, mountain climber and host of the Run the Day Podcast.
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
This week on Detail Therapy with Amy Landino, Nick Symmonds joined the show.
(0:52) What to expect from today’s interview
(1:50) Podcast iTunes review shoutout
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
NICK SYMMONDS INTERVIEW
(3:20) Why do you run?
(3:50) Nick’s Running History | Olympian | 800 M, Beijing & London
How does one become an Olympian?
(5:40) Every Olympian has a huge team behind them | Coach Sam |
Sponsored by Nike
(6:51) Ah ha Moments | Breaking the mold
(8:05) “Once you think you’re great at something people will gather around you.”
(8:37) “How much of your success was you just pushing yourself?”
Finding your edge
(10:30) Retired at the age of 33 | the oldest person at team USA
(11:26) Jogging for fun | meditative
(11:37) A testament to commitment | The guy who says yes to everything
(12:59) What does the Olympic lifestyle look like? | Diet | Workout
Periodization = training, competitive season, Olympics, off season
(14:24) Opening Ceremony
(16:12) CEO of Run Gum | Caffeine, B6 & B12 Vitamins, Taurine
Coffee, RedBull and Run Gum | The Run Gum Journey
(20:52) “Did you always know you’d start a business?”
(21:31) Shopping at Target | Caffeine addiction
(23:22) “What’s your cup of coffee look like?”
Morning Routine | Coffee, workout, answering emails, no breakfast
(24:23) Mile to Mountain | 2021 Everest Goal
(27:48) Mindset | Running to clear the mind and structure the day
(29:07) Successful goal-setters break things down into bitesize chunks | reverse engineering
(30:04) “How do you schedule your life?” | The most important thing of the day needs to happen first
Fitness First | Work | Family Time
(31:30) Nick does most of the cooking! | Therapeutic Cooking
(33:13) “What’s your sleep life like?” | No alarm clocks | Dog alarm clocks
(36:33) The Brad Pitt of Running
(37:26) A Date with Paris Hilton
(39:25) Treadmill versus pavement running | 1% incline | Don’t run on ice!
(42:41) “What does it mean to you to go after the life that you want?”
Follow Nick Symmonds on social media:
- Being great at something often starts when you think you’re worth of that greatness. When a person thinks and shows that they have an affinity and a talent for something other people will flock to them naturally. This isn’t always for personal gain either. Sometimes they just really like you.
- Know when to work and when to play. If you’re going to work, work hard and give it all that you’ve got. When it’s time to decompress and destress, fully commit to that mindset in order to really recharge.
- Try. Run. Gum. If you’re not an energy drink fan and you’re feeling a little bored with your coffee, Run Gum might be the answer for you. Not only does the gum seem awesome, the story behind its origin and creation is unique as well.
GET THE 7 ESSENTIAL DETAILS FOR GOING AFTER THE LIFE YOU WANT!
I will send you a free audio training if you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to email@example.com with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us we will reply with your free training!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO AMYTV ON YOUTUBE