This week on Detail Therapy, Amy sits down Matthew Kimberley! Matthew is the founder of the School for Selling and the creator of the Principles of Professional Persuasion. His bestselling self-help book How To Get A Grip has changed the lives of tens of thousands of people around the world.
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
(0:00) Welcome to Episode 68!
(0:43) What to expect from today’s episode
(3:09) Brought to you by Shine Squad! | patreon.com/amytv
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
Interview with Matthew Kimberley
(5:08) Why do you do what you do?
“I’m a firm believer in freedom.”
(6:22) Working location-independently
(9:46) A bit more about Matthew
(13:32) How do we make meaningful connections from afar?
(15:42) Matthew’s spreadsheet method
(19:03) Who goes on the spreadsheet?
(19:50) How do you ask for favors? How do you bring value to others?
(23:33) Setting up the opportunity to be helpful
(25:50) How do you find the right people?
(28:11) Pro tip: leave reviews!
(32:09) Become a connector – make introductions the right way
(36:34) The importance of asking permission
(39:38) What’s your morning routine?
(40:20) What’s your workout routine?
(46:45) What does it mean to go after the life you want?
Follow Matthew on Social Media
(47:11) Detail Recap
- Start your list! Who do you know? How can you get to know them better? Keep up with your important connections so you have a healthy network to look to.
- Who do you wish you knew? Why do you want to know them? Get on their radar!
- You do not have to answer your emails. If you’re not excited about it, don’t do it!
- If you want to know someone, can you buy access to them?
Get the 7 Essential Details for Going After the Life You Want!
I will send you a free audio training if you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to email@example.com with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO AMYTV ON YOUTUBE