Sara McCain is the best friend, confidant and stage five clinger of Amy Landino. She is the mother of Pessimistic Pru and newlywed to the lucky Mr. McCain.
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
This week on Detail Therapy with Amy Landino, Sara McCain joined the show.
(1:01) What to expect from today’s interview
(1:43) What is the BFF chat?
(2:16) Podcast iTunes review shoutout
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
THE BFF CHAT WITH SARA MCCAIN
(3:25) “You’ll always be Sara Mitchell.”
(13:14) Managing Friendships with a Scarcity Mindset
(16:40) Sidekicks & Leading Ladies
(18:53) Being someone else’s #1 | Put your mask on first | Friendships in Perspective
(21:06) Validation comes from within
(21:45) Dealing with problems differently
(24:00) The journey of a friendship
(24:39) Texting with intention
(25:41) Captivating a room
(28:03) Prioritizing Friendships & Putting Yourself First with 80,000 Best Friends
Planning time to catch up with friends in a healthy way
(32:54) Throwback to the Blackberry
(33:22) Having an Intentional Life, and Intentional Friendships
(34:00) The power you give to others
(35:31) Angry texts from friends
(37:00) Leah Pipes | Podcast
(40:20) Sharing my truth on AmyTV | How to Wake Up at 5am (Even if you don’t feel like it)
Giving advice that’s not black and white
(43:30) (Rose) Gold Star Moment!
(45:00) What you see is what you get
(47:24) An identity opportunity
Follow Sara McCain on social media:
- Managing friendships may not sound like a good thing to do but in reality it’s the perfect way to maintain contact with the important people in your life without sacrificing your sanity.
- What kind of text-er are you? Do you text with intention or just to say “hello”? What does that say about the way you view and value your time and time of those with whom you speak?
- Advice doesn’t always have to be cut and dried. It can be given and taken with a grain or two of salt depending on the person and the circumstances. Realizing that someone else’s circumstances may not align with your experience is a key element in giving thoughtful, actionable advice.
GET THE 7 ESSENTIAL DETAILS FOR GOING AFTER THE LIFE YOU WANT!
I will send you a free audio training if you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us we will reply with your free training!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO AMYTV ON YOUTUBE