You know what they say — if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
I’ve practiced the exact same morning routine for preeetty much ever. Same skincare routine, same mindfulness practices, same dog snoozing at my side. And as grateful as I am for that first cup of coffee, nothing wakes me up like my daily lemon water.
According to World’s Healthiest Foods, a quarter cup of lemon juice contains 31% of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C , 3% of folate, and 2% of potassium — all for around 13 calories! Not only that, but it gives me that little jolt I need to get things moving each morning.
MY MORNING LEMON WATER
- 1/2 a lemon
- 16 oz glass
- 12-14 oz of water (your preferred temperature)
- Stainless steel straw
- Cut your lemon in half. I use these to save half for the next day!
- I have a little glass juicer that I use to juice the lemon half, and then pour it into my 16oz glass.
- Next – ice cold water. I know some people like it to be hot and in a mug (do you, boo). I want to send a cold shock to the system with my citrus. It’s a great way to wake up my body quickly and get my day started!
- I add my straw and I’m ready to go!
In the past, I’ve added a bit of mint or ginger to my lemon juice. But the lemony freshness alone and the routine of juicing every morning makes me happy to start each day, so I keep it simple!
Q: What do you drink first in the morning?