This week on Detail Therapy, Amy sits down with James Clear! James Clear is a personal development keynote speaker and New York Times bestselling author of Atomic Habits. His talks teach audiences about habit-building, decision-making, and self-improvement. He is a regular speaker at Fortune 500 companies and his work has been used by teams in the NFL, NBA, and MLB. Through his online course, The Habits Academy, Clear has taught more than 10,000 leaders, managers, coaches, and teachers how to improve.
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
This week on Detail Therapy, Amy Sits Down with James Clear
(0:26) Welcome to Episode 66!
(0:40) What to expect from today’s episode
(2:54) Check out Shine Squad! | patreon.com/amytv
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
INTERVIEW WITH JAMES CLEAR
(5:12) Why do you do what you do?
“I like to do things that can spread widely.”
(6:10) Blogging — have you ever strayed away from it?
(9:34) Producing A+ work
(11:22) How did you become interested in habits? | Atomic Habits
(13:46) Personal brand evolution
(16:05) Results as lagging measures of habits
(16:44) James’ 4 steps for building better habits
(18:51) How do you start building a habit?
(24:45) Removing friction from your habits
(25:10) Use the 2 minute rule
(28:35) How do you know if a habit is worth sticking to?
(29:17) Life as a series of seasons
(35:03) What’s a habit you’ve had trouble forming?
(37:33) What’s your morning routine?
(40:13) What’s your workout routine?
(40:45) What do you do for self care?
(42:30) How do you stay organized?
(46:30) How do you organize ideas?
(49:54) What does it mean to go after the life you want?
Follow James on Social Media
(53:48) Detail Recap
- Habits produce results. You can’t start to see the benefit of a habit until it actually becomes a habit.
- Show up for yourself. It’s always tough when you’re working towards building a habit, but commit to showing up and putting in your best effort. Keep your sights set on what’s really important to you.
- Life comes in seasons. Be mindful of the season you’re in, whether it’s a season of family, your career, or something else. When seasons start to shift, use this as your sign to reflect on your habits and goals, and realign where you need to.
GET THE 7 ESSENTIAL DETAILS FOR GOING AFTER THE LIFE YOU WANT!
I will send you a free audio training if you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to email@example.com with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO AMYTV ON YOUTUBE