Sara McCain is back! The best friend, confidant, definite tribe member and yin to the yang of Amy Landino joins the show to discuss a variety of topics including the Bachelor and leaning in to where you feel at home. Sara is a clear voice in an otherwise muddled world.
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
This week on Detail Therapy with Amy Landino, Sara McCain is back on the show.
(0:51) What to expect from today’s chat
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
(3:44) Galentine’s Day
(4:48) Self-Love | Resetting in January | Sara’s word for the year, Grace
(7:40) 19 for 2019 | Resolutions | Bullet Journal Video, Start – Stop – Continue
(11:18) Plans to visit Italy
(13:42) BFF Chat recap
(14:15) The Bachelor Brackets | Bachelor Nation Book
(18:35) Back to Galentine’s Day | Is love about love or competition?
(21:01) Competition in marriage | “I told you so” moments
(25:31) Ann Handley | Morning Pages
(30:00) When/Where do you feel like you’re in a state of belonging?
(43:23) Inner Need | It all comes down to what you want and what you need.
(45:25) Tribe reliant vs Less tribe reliant
(46:23) Opposites attract | Friendships & Dating Relationships
(48:23) Photos with friends | The social media effect
(52:10) Amy’s take on her “tribe”
(55:08) Losing the check-the-box stuff
(56:12) What could you do if you feel you don’t have a tribe?
(58:47) Friend Dating | “High School doesn’t end.”
(1:02:23) Amy’s challenge for Sara | Perceived group setting responsibilities
(1:04:22) Over apologizing
(1:06:58) It all goes back to self-awareness | “You’re responsible for the effort not the outcome.”
(1:07:58) How will Amy celebrate her lady friends year-round in 2019?
(1:10:23) Galentine’s Day is every day | Prosecco Gummy bears
Follow Sara McCain on social media:
(1:13:10) Detail Recap:
- The Happiness Project, check out Gretchen Rubin’s book and do it along with her as you read the book.
- The Daily Stoic, 1-a-day type reading.
- Define what a tribe means to you and lean into it. It can be overwhelming, know what it means, be okay with it and lean into it. Everyone is different and it’s okay to do what you know works for you.
- Please stop over apologizing to fill space for comfort. It’s easy to apologize to make others feel better. The words that mean so much (I’m sorry, I love you) are losing their meaning because we are over using them.
- Add a little Galentine’s day in everything you do.
- Take photos and document the memories but don’t make the memories only about the photos. Think about how you can document the moment so you can have them later but post about them after the fact and enjoy the moments while you’re in them.
GET THE 7 ESSENTIAL DETAILS FOR GOING AFTER THE LIFE YOU WANT!
I will send you a free audio training if you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to email@example.com with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO AMYTV ON YOUTUBE