Has winter, quarantine, or just the day-to-day work that you have to do got you feeling down? Tune in for everything you need to know about what to do when you’re feeling down!
Subscribe to Detail Therapy!
(0:00) Welcome to Ep. 105!
(0:37) What to expect from today’s episode
What to Do When You’re Feeling Down
What to Avoid
- (4:10) Your usual social media scroll
If you aren’t in a place mentally where you can be happy for others, avoid the highlight reel that is social media. It will only make you feel worse.
- (6:14) Your typical binge TV sessions
Watching the same TV show as always will not give you new inspiration or get you out of your funk.
What to Do
- (8:52) Take a walk
Fresh air is so important, and so is movement.
- (9:55) Watch something hilarious
Laughter really is the best medicine sometimes. Turn on something that makes you laugh and you’ll automatically be one step closer to getting out of your funk.
- (11:38) Attend a motivational speech (watch a ted talk, go to a motivational speakers youtube channel)
If Tony Robbins can’t get you pumped up, nobody can. Fill your mind with what you need to hear right now.
- (12:35) Exercise
Sometimes you really just need to change your state. Getting your body moving is vital to getting out of a funk.
- (14:56) Read an inspirational book (book and/or kindle required)
Sometimes you really just need reminded that you can do the hard things. A motivational book will help you to get your mindset in the right place.
- (16:53) Write it all down
Taking all of the thoughts that are flying around in your mind and putting them on paper is an easy way to vent without having to actually vent out loud to another human.
- (18:23) Spend time with people you love
Let yourself breathe and enjoy the presence of the people that you love.
- (20:07) Go for a float
Floatation therapy is something to check out if you are looking to manage pain, relieve muscle tension, reduce stress, or simply relax.
- (23:35) Something totally different from your norm, be spontaneous
Routine is great for productivity, but it’s not always great for getting out of a funk. Try something outside of the box!
Check out this “How to Get Motivated” video for more tips on how to keep yourself motivated today and every day.
Get the FREE Audiogram!
I will send you my audio training with the 5 Essential Details for Going After the Life You Want once you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to email@example.com with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!