Amy sits down MGM Sales Manager Dzidra Junior in Las Vegas to chat about mentorship – where to find it, how to use it, and how to effectively advocate for yourself!
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
MGM Resorts: MGM Resorts International offers the best in lodging, entertainment, and dining at each of its locations around the world. They also present the annual Women’s Leadership Conference, providing women with the tools they need to go after the lives they want.
Shine Squad: Shine Squad is Amy’s self improvement sorority where you can chat with other members, share tips, find inspiration, and more! You can join Shine Squad on Patreon for exclusive daily content.
This week on Detail Therapy, Amy Sits Down with Dzidra Junior
(0:27) What to expect from today’s episode
(0:52) Welcome to Episode 46 | AmyTV
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
INTERVIEW WITH DZIDRA JUNIOR
(3:29) Why do you do what you do?
”Its a passion of mine”
(4:13) What is it about sales that excites you?
(5:04) MGM’s Women’s Leadership Conference
What was the inspiration for starting this conference?
(6:41) Finding mentors & advocating for yourself
”I have the Board of Dzidra.”
(8:16) Starting the conversation with a mentor – what do you ask?
(14:05) Asking for new perspectives
(15:15) Following up with mentors – showing results
(18:51) Do you have mentors that don’t know who you are?
Social media mentorship, role models, etc.
(19:56) What is your morning routine?
(22:33) The morning drive routine
”I sing all the way to work. I sing and I clap and I finger pop.”
(24:55) What do you do for self care?
(26:24) Who inspires you in terms of style?
(27:17) Finding information for yourself
(28:27) Dzidra’s research – working with insecure people
(31:15) What does it mean to you to go after the life you want?
Follow Dzidra on Social Media
(32:29) Detail Recap
- Find a “board of YOU.” Find a circle you can learn from and lean on for support, even if they don’t necessarily know they’re a mentor to you.
- If you have a mentor, get specific with what you want to learn. If you admire someone’s work ethic – tell them! Work on emulating that skill for yourself, and work with that mentor on ways you can constantly improve.
- You don’t have to be a morning person to make the most of your morning! As long as you give yourself time to refresh, recharge, and get ready for the day, your mornings will set you up for success in the way that you want them to.
GET THE 7 ESSENTIAL DETAILS FOR GOING AFTER THE LIFE YOU WANT!
I will send you a free audio training if you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO AMYTV ON YOUTUBE