Goodbye, 2020! With a new year comes new goals — tune in to learn how you can crush your resolutions and create the year you want!
Subscribe to Detail Therapy!
(0:00) Welcome to Episode 100!
(0:36) What to expect from today’s episode
(1:25) This is the last episode of 2020! 😮
(3:19) Tell me your thoughts over on Apple Podcasts!
What is a resolution? (6:35)
Your resolutions are the traditions you keep with yourself. They keep you on track with goals and help you stay dedicated to creating a better, happier life.
What you need for a successful resolution:
- A personal goal
- An actionable step/habit to achieve that goal
- A plan to make that step/habit work for you
(8:12) How to create a SMART goal
(10:30) If you left life right now, would you be happy with what you’ve accomplished? What’s keeping you from living a fully expressed life?
(13:24) How will you commit to your resolution with a plan of action?
4 Steps to Help You Crush Your Resolutions in 2021
Step 1: Focus on the most important goals to you (15:59)
Support your goals by making sure they matter to you. When you’re trying to determine your main goal, look at the major categories of your life.
Step 2: Set your 2021 SMART goals (16:58)
(17:07) Write down the 1-2 goals that are the most important in your heart and then look at them. Close your eyes and envision what life would be like once these goals are achieved.
Step 3: Research what you need to do in order to reach your goals (17:56)
Find out what the professionals have to say about the best way to achieve your goals. Pro tip: take the advice you’ve heard before! If everyone agrees it’s a good idea, it probably is.
(19:24) Come up with possible tactics to help you reach success & circle the ones you can commit to for a full year
Step 4: Draft your New Year’s Resolutions (20:26)
How to write them:
ACTION YOU RESOLVE TO DO because YOUR WHY/HOW IT RELATES TO A LARGER GOAL.
BONUS: Prepare your Preference Support Statement (21:57)
Practice the preach of who you want to be. Take the example of creating a morning routine: If you want to be a healthy person or a productive person or a morning person, then that is up to you.
- Focus on the life categories that are most important to you to make a change in.
- Set SMART goals, only 1 or 2 per top category
- Research and explore your feelings about those goals for possible good resolutions
- Write your resolutions: ACTION YOU RESOLVE TO DO because YOUR WHY/HOW IT RELATES TO A LARGER GOAL.
- Prepare your Preference Support Statement
(28:23) Crush your goals in 2021 and let your Good Morning ☀️ Good Life ✨ Planner hold you accountable.
(28:39) Thank you for leaving your review of this podcast!
Get the FREE Audiogram!
I will send you my audio training with the 5 Essential Details for Going After the Life You Want once you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!