Christy Lingois a mom productivity expert and professional organizer. She is not, however, an “organized since birth” sort. For her, organizing is an ongoing and constantly evolving life skill. Christy shares weekly organizing and simplifying tips on YouTube and on her podcast “Cocktails and Containers”.
Subscribe to Detail Therapy
This week on Detail Therapy with Amy Landino, Christy Lingo joined the show.
(0:54) What to expect from today’s interview
(2:01) Podcast iTunes review shoutout | amylandino.com/detailtherapysurvey
SUBSCRIBE TO DETAIL THERAPY ON YOUR FAVORITE PODCAST PLAYER!
CHRISTY LINGO INTERVIEW
(3:51) Why do you organize?
(4:38) Finding a way to manage all the thing
(5:10) “You’ve saved my marriage” | Quit fighting over the stuff
(6:10) Outer order is inner calm | Gretchen Rubin
(6:26) AmyTV | Clean Desks
(7:25) Something simple can change the way you think.
(7:37) Learning modalities | labeling “bills” vs “pay” using action words
(9:27) What are we drinking? | Cocktails and Containers
Cecilia B Spumante Rosé
(10:50) The origin of Amy & Lingo
(13:01) Starting a business in 2009 | Lingo is an excessive planner
Acting Major | Fitness Industry | Travel Agent?
(14:33) The Ah-Ha Moment | Doing what you love.
“Sometimes we forget that what we know can be groundbreaking.”
(15:38) Who’s your organizer? | NAPO
(17:04) Working with Families |Hitting the reset button to have more time to do what’s important.
(18:38) Professional organizers on retainer | Learning Skills | Home Management
Pinterest perfect pantries = maintenance
(20:24) “You don’t get organized you learn organizing skills that you need to maintain.”
(21:12) “How much do you feel that what you do applies to time organizing?”
(22:25) Mom guilt, it’s real | Waking Up Early
(26:34) Pet-Mom guilt
(27:43) “Does self-guilt keep you from being productive?” | Striving for balance
(31:10) Coach Mode | How do you reverse engineer getting to your end result?
(33:08) Learning not to fear failure
(35:17) Lingo Talks Calendar Clutter & Books
• Calendar clutter | Hot Mess: A Practical Guide for Getting Organized, Laurie Palau
• (37:45) The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up, Marie Kondo
• (42:09) Organizing from the Inside Out, Julie Morgenstern
• (44:30) The Minimalist
• (44:45) Clutter Free with Kids: Change your thinking. Discover new habits. Free your home,
• The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own, Joshua Becker
• Organizing for the Creative Person: Right-Brain Styles for Conquering Clutter, Mastering
Time, and Reaching Your Goal, Dorothy Lehmkuhl
• (45:31) Experience Gifts
(45:47) What’s your advice for talking to parents about asking family and friends to limit material gifts.
Send photos of the toy spaces in your house to family members
Lingo’s Book | 101 Clutter-Free Gifts: And Why You Want Them
(48:28) The Lemon Water Problem | Leah Pipes | Lemon Oil
(49:48) How to use essential oils | Tummy Ache Tips*
*Talk to your local oils person about the safety of using and ingesting oils
(53:28) “What does it mean to go after the life that you want?”
Follow Christy Lingo on social media:
- It’s important to realize that sometimes the skills we have that come naturally or that we think are ‘ordinary’ are actually groundbreaking for other people. Figure out what you’re really good at and see if you can use it to build a life that allows you to do what you love.
- Pro Tip: If you’re finding difficulty in keeping your organizing solutions in place, try relabeling your spaces. Use verbs instead of nouns. Change “bills” to “pay” to give your brain the reminder that an action needs to be taken with the stuff in that space.
- Lingo has a book! 101 Clutter-Free Gifts: And Why You Want Them. It’s currently a kindle book on Amazon. Perfect timing for the holidays and smart gifting throughout the year.
GET THE 7 ESSENTIAL DETAILS FOR GOING AFTER THE LIFE YOU WANT!
I will send you a free audio training if you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to email@example.com with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us we will reply with your free training!
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO AMYTV ON YOUTUBE