Now that we’ve wrapped up Season 6 of Detail Therapy, treat your reading list to this round-up of every book mentioned in the season! Including Amy’s faves and books written by Season 6 guests, this is your go-to for a summer of productive reads. Whether you want to level up in your career, embrace self-care, or just take a mental break this summer–we’ve got you covered!
For the visionaries who know that mindset is EVERYTHING:
Have you ever felt held back by your own limiting beliefs or mental blocks? Spoiler Alert: If you’re human, you know that we ALL have times where we feel mentally stuck despite our capabilities. Pick up one (or more!) of these motivating reads to get your mind back on top.
- Good Morning, Good Life by Amy Landino
- Suck It Up Princess: Real Life Strategies to be the Heroine You Already Are and Have the Money, Success and Life You Deserve by Natalie Sisson
- Do the Work: Overcome Resistance and Get Out of Your Own Way by Steven Pressfield
- Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Better than Before: What I Learned About Making and Breaking Habits–to Sleep More, Quit Sugar, Procrastinate Less, and Generally Build a Happier Life by Gretchen Rubin
- The Art of Exceptional Living by Jim Rohn
- Awaken the Giant Within: How to Take Immediate Control of Your Mental, Emotional, Physical, and Financial Destiny by Tony Robbins
- Wishes Fulfilled: Mastering the Art of Manifesting by Wayne Dyer
For the financially savvy taking control of their wealth:
Do you consider yourself financially savvy? Or, more importantly, do you want to? You’re in the right place. Learn to maximize your financial potential and step into the abundance mindset you need with these reads.
- Be. A No Bullsh*t Guide to Increasing Your Self Worth and Net Worth by Simply Being Yourself by Jessica Zweig
- I Will Teach You to Be Rich, Second Edition: No Guilt, No Excuses, No BS. Just a 6-Week Program That Works by Ramit Sethi
- The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason
- You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
For those ready to take their career to the next level:
These motivating recs go out to the empowered individuals itching to step up their career goals. From practical tips and tricks to thinking outside the box for finding success, these are sure to give you the tools you need to make the life you want a reality!
- Cumulative Advantage: How to Build Momentum for Your Ideas, Business, and Life Against All Odds by Mark Schaefer
- Your Turn: Get Unstuck, Discover Your Direction, Design Your Dream Career by Ashley Stahl
- How to Take Smart Notes: One Simple Technique to Boost Writing, Learning and Thinking – for Students, Academics and Nonfiction Book Writers by Sönke Ahrens
- Book Yourself Solid: The Fastest, Easiest, and Most Reliable System for Getting More Clients Than You Can Handle Even if You Hate Marketing and Selling by Michael Port
- You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life by Jen Sincero
For the person practicing gentleness with their body and mind:
It’s no secret that this past year has taken a toll on many of us, whether that was physically, mentally, or emotionally. Take a breather this summertime with some extra love for your body, mind, and soul. These essential reads will teach you how to hack your health, steady your mind, and make wellness a daily practice.
- Own the Day, Own Your Life: Optimized Practices for Waking, Working, Learning, Eating, Training, Playing, Sleeping, and Sex by Aubrey Marcus
- The Daily Stoic by Ryan Holiday
- Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Medical Medium Celery Juice: The Most Powerful Medicine of Our Time Healing Millions Worldwide by Anthony William
For those investing in their relationships:
Are you someone who is always craving more connection with those around you? These soulful reads are made for the peeps who are looking to practice vulnerability and authentic connection in their relationships.
- Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts. by Brené Brown
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Never Eat Alone, Expanded and Updated: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi
- More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say) by Elaine Welteroth
For the mind craving some well-deserved peace:
These books are for those seeking more calm and less noise in this world of constant stimulation. (And let’s be real, that’s all of us!) Learn how to center yourself and make your mind a joyful place to be, no matter the circumstance.
- The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) by Don Miguel Ruiz
- Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day by Jay Shetty
- Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want by Michael Hyatt
- Lives of the Stoics: The Art of Living from Zeno to Marcus Aurelius by Ryan Holiday