Looking to read more books in the new year? Tune in for my top 21 reads for 2021!
Subscribe to Detail Therapy!
21 BOOKS YOU NEED TO PICK UP…
(4:44) Medical Medium Celery Juice: The Most Powerful Medicine of Our Time Healing Millions Worldwide by Anthony William
- This book talks about the different ways that celery juice is advantageous to our health. A must read for those who like to learn more about how we can keep our bodies healthy.
- This book features some very interesting takes on how to hack your health.
- If you’re looking to take a practical approach to your habits, this book is a great place to start.
(9:33) Do the Work: Overcome Resistance and Get Out of Your Own Way by Steven Pressfield
- Resistance is the true enemy to getting the work done and keeping us from our greatest potential. This book breaks down simple, but true, ideas like this.
(10:40) Think Like a Monk: Train Your Mind for Peace and Purpose Every Day by Jay Shetty
- The author of this book actually spent time with monks to write it! He talks about how the only thing we can control is our own reaction and mindset.
(11:40) Essentialism: The Disciplined Pursuit of Less by Greg McKeown
- Essentialism is different from minimalism, and this book tells you why! If you’re looking to learn more about living with the essentials, check this one out.
- This book helps you to learn how to make idea connections findable and accessible. It’s a great one for students and all people in general.
(14:24) Dare to Lead: Brave Work. Tough Conversations. Whole Hearts by Brené Brown
- Brave work, tough conversations and a whole heart… This book is a great leadership book! It really breaks down doing leadership in a way that’s really human.
- If you’re looking for help with finding clients, you need to check this one out. I actually use his methods in my GATLUW Society teachings (you should join in on the GATLUW fun!)
(17:05) The 5 Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts by Gary Chapman
- Through this book, Gary helps you to love others well by figuring out what their love language is. It has personally helped me to be able to know how to go the extra mile for the people I care about.
(19:11) The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- There really isn’t a need to explain this book- it’s a classic!
(19:36) Never Eat Alone, Expanded and Updated: And Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time by Keith Ferrazzi
- I personally like to refer to this book as the networking bible. If you want to learn how to network, you’ll love this one.
- The practical, real world approach to money that Sethi lays out is really what you need to know about handling your money and building wealth.
(21:04) The Richest Man In Babylon by George S Clason
- This book proves that true wealth building tips never go out of style.
(22:48) You Are a Badass at Making Money: Master the Mindset of Wealth by Jen Sincero
- In a world where many of us feel imposter syndrome, this book will challenge that thought process as it regards to money.
(24:18) The Untethered Soul: The Journey Beyond Yourself by Michael A. Singer
- If you want to learn how to get free from limitations in your life, check this one out.
(25:19) The Four Agreements: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom (A Toltec Wisdom Book) by Don Miguel Ruiz
- This book is a go-to for when you need to center yourself and be reminded that you can live a life of joy.
(26:26) Eat, Pray, Love: One Woman’s Search for Everything Across Italy, India and Indonesia by Elizabeth Gilbert
- A fictional escape, this book is a little different than most spirituality books. It’s a great one to break out of your normal reading routine!
(28:12) Living Forward: A Proven Plan to Stop Drifting and Get the Life You Want by Michael Hyatt
- If you want a book with readings and exercises, this is the one for you!
(29:09) Lives of the Stoics: The Art of Living from Zeno to Marcus Aurelius by Ryan Holiday
- Detailing the lifestyles of stoic philosophers, this book will give you insight into how they truly do life.
- For a “my life is bigger than me” mentality, check this one out.
Bonus Book (33:07)
Finally, for the Amy TV Book Club pick… More Than Enough: Claiming Space for Who You Are (No Matter What They Say) by Elaine Welteroth
Check out AmyTV Book Club to learn more about this read.
Get the FREE Audiogram!
Amy will send you her audio training with the 5 Essential Details for Going After the Life You Want once you do the following:
- Subscribe to this podcast on your favorite podcast player
- Screenshot that you’re subscribed
- Send the screenshot to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Audiogram please!” in the subject line
Once you email us, we will reply with your free training!